1,196± Acres LONG SHOT RANCH, Duval County
TX339, Freer, TX 84775
Description: Here is an opportunity to own a South Texas hunting ranch that is as turn-key as they come. The structural improvements, roads, brush maintenance, water distribution, blinds/feeder locations, and improved wildlife have all been carefully thought out and implemented in a way to help this ranch thrive. You won’t find many places that are ready to be enjoyed the day you buy them like this one!
Improvements: The headquarters sits on a hill with a nice view overlooking one of the large food plots and a pond. The well thought out improvements has a total of 17 beds and includes the following:
– Main lodge which is used as a gathering area for meals and entertainment. The lodge has 1 open concept room with a large kitchen, dining table, living room, bar and bathroom.
– 1,200± s.f. build which has 4 custom separate suites with 1 bedroom 1 bathroom. Two of these suites are set up wheelchair friendly complete with grab bars and 6′ x 4′ showers. This building also has a separate gun room and laundry room.
– Three separate 1 bedroom 1 bathroom cabins with living rooms and kitchens. One of these cabins is currently used as the owner’s quarters.
– One 4 bedroom 2 bathroom staff or guide house that sleeps up to 10 people.
– 40’ x 20’ Covered pavilion located in the center of the structures that has paved walkway to each building.
– 3 indoor/outdoor snake proofed kennels, with HVAC.
– 30’ x 40’ metal building with walk-in cooler, hoist, game tables, counter, welding work table and a roll top door with plenty of room for storing vehicles.
– 40’ x 20’ deer working facility with “Papa” deer chute, push wall, slide gates, crow doors and adjustable exit doors for return, store or load out.
– 9 deer breeding pens with 2,000 lb. feeders, fawn tubes, shade structures and high/low water troughs.
– Well house with 2,500 gallon storage tank, pumps, filtration, softener, R.O. system, refrigerator and storage.
– 11 elevated executive deer blinds.
– 14 corn feeders
– 9 free choice protein feeders, fenced to keep oryx and Red Deer out
– 2007 New Holland 75 HP, , 4wd tractor with front loader bucket with teeth, pallet forks, 10 foot “Modern” galvanized shredder, 8′ disc harrow and 8′ chisel point plow.
Fencing: The perimeter of the ranch is high fenced and the ranch is also high fenced in 2 separate pastures. The main pasture is 800± acres and the other pasture is 396± acres. There is some low cross fencing.
Water: There is an abundance of water and it is distributed throughout the entire property. There are 4 water wells (2 electric and 2 solar powered) that supply water to the 3 ponds and 14 different troughs and the improvements.
Wildlife: This ranch is loaded with trophy big game and the genetics have been improved and managed over the years to help create the best opportunity for hunters to harvest an animal of a lifetime. Several areas of the ranch have been motted and cleared in a way that is ideal for quail habitat and quail hunting with dogs. Game on the ranch includes but is not limited to whitetail, axis, Red Deer, Scimitar Oryx, turkey, dove, quail, varmints and much more.
Terrain/Vegetation: There has been an extensive amount of brush sculpting which helps the wildlife on this ranch in so many ways. All the native brush species to grow large white tail deer are present and the rolling terrain offers bottomland with large trees and deeper soils and hill tops with long distance views. There are 5 food plots that can be planted for both big game, livestock and/or birds. Brush species include Guajillo, Granjeno, Black Brush, Guayacon, Persimmon, White Brush, Mesquite, Prickly Pear and much more.
Taxes: Wildlife Exempt.
Location: There is 1.7± miles of paved road frontage on TX-339. The entrance is located 11± miles south of Freer, 135± miles south of San Antonio, 85±miles west of Corpus Christi and 260± miles SW of Houston.
Broker Note: Contact broker for list of furnishings that will be conveyed.
NOTE: Texas law requires all real estate licensees to give the following Information About Brokerage Services: trec.state.tx.us/pdf/contracts/OP-K.pdf
All properties are shown by appointment with Dullnig Ranches. Buyer’s Brokers must be identified on first contact and must accompany client or customer on first showing to participate in compensation.