823± Acres Twin Lakes Ranch, Medina County
County Rd 422, Hondo, TX 78861
Description: Twin Lakes Ranch, aptly named for its 50+ acre Collins Lake and 26+ acre second lake, is a sportsman’s oasis less than 50 miles from San Antonio in Medina County. Once part of the Triple 777 operation, Twin Lakes Ranch has an array of nice improvements, Edwards water rights, rolling scenic terrain, good native deer hunting, and world-class bass fishing and duck hunting. With over 76+ acres of surface water that can be supplemented by a strong Edwards Aquifer irrigation well, this is truly a rare opportunity to own one of the most unique water features on the market.
Improvements: The improvements of this property are ideally situated overlooking the Lakes. They offer not only views, but easy access to them, beyond the nicely manicured yards that surround them. All three homes were built by Hill Country Classic in 2009.
- Main House – 2,952± square feet. Single story, 3 bedrooms/3 baths, wood frame on concrete slab foundation. The main family room has high cathedral ceilings with a large masonry fireplace.
- Lake House – 1,863± square feet. Single story, wood frame, 4 bedroom/2 bathrooms. High ceilings and a metal fireplace. Carport 368± square feet.
- Foreman Home -1,366± square feet. Single story, wood frame, 3 bedroom/2 bathrooms. Bead board ceiling, open kitchen, living room with high ceilings. 191± square foot covered porch overlooking lake. Carport is 363± square feet.
- Red Barn – 1,800± square feet. Metal frame. Concrete slab. 1,200± square feet of the building is enclosed with HVAC.
- Implement Barn – 1,803 square feet. Metal frame. Custom walk-in cooler with 288 square feet fully enclosed.
- Boat House – 1,933 square feet. Metal frame. Concrete slab. The boat house needs boat slips repaired but offers entertainment space.
Perimeter is high fenced. Paved road takes you from the entrance to the homes.
Water: This ranch is highlighted by 2 large lakes. Collins Lake is a 50± acre lake that lies just below the improvements. Just below Collins Lake is a second 26± acre lake. These lakes offer some of the best fishing and duck hunting the state has to offer. Several bass over 10 lbs. have been caught over the years.
Irrigation Well – The ranch has one Edwards irrigation well that can supplement the Lakes and provides water to the Headquarters. Drilled in 1989, the 8-inch casing is believed to be 500± feet deep with the 100 HP pump set at 300± feet. The well is believed to pump 900± GPM. Along with this offering are 96.544 Acre Feet of Edwards Water Rights.
Wildlife: This ranch not only offers the best duck hunting and bass fishing, but also has a good Whitetail deer herd in place. The ranch has been leased to family friends over the past two years. Several 160 B/C bucks have been harvested over the years plus are still present on the ranch. With excellent brush and water, this ranch grows large bucks and holds an abundance of game. Wildlife includes Whitetail deer, turkey, quail, dove, duck, javelina and varmints. There is also a healthy herd of Axis deer. World-class bass fishing includes a lake record of 13 lbs. and several bass over 15 lbs. were shocked up during the Lake management procedure. Seasonal duck hunting is phenomenal offering a large variety such as Mallards, Pintails, Gadwall, Wigeons, Green-wing Teal, Blue-wing Teal and Cinnamon Teal.
Vegetation-Terrain: This ranch has all the necessary browse to grow large whitetail deer and to hold an abundance of native game. Brush species include: Guajillo, Black Brush, White Brush, Persimmon, Granjeno, Guayacon, Tasajillo and many more. Large mesquite trees are scattered throughout. Large elm, oak and willow trees are present around the homes and water features. Rolling terrain and several high points offer nice views elevation range from 850 ASL around the lakes to 1,015 ASL on the hilltops.
Minerals: Negotiable. No production.
Taxes: $14,177.24 (2022)
Location: This property is located 8± miles SW of Hondo, 9.52± miles SE of D’Hanis, 20± miles east of Uvalde and 48± miles west of San Antonio, Texas. This ranch is located at the end of CR 422. This ranch is 5± miles down from Hwy 90, down a small, paved, low traffic county road.
Note: Texas law requires all real estate licensees to give the following Information About Brokerage Services: trec.state.tx.us/pdf/contracts/OP-K.pdf